losee losee - 2 months ago 30
Python Question

heroku server 500 error after a git push it works locally though

I did a git push and then all of a sudden my app responds with a server error. I have been trying to get my my scheduler to work it works fine locally. It gave me a problem but I fixed it using a git pull request. it was working fine locally and then all of sudden server error 500. I did heroku logs and got this response

my procfile

web: gunicorn gettingstarted.wsgi --log-file -
worker: celery -A blog worker -B -l info


my requirements.txt

amqp==1.4.9
anyjson==0.3.3
attrs==16.2.0
beautifulsoup4==4.4.1
billiard==3.3.0.23
celery==3.1.23
cffi==1.8.3
click==6.6
cryptography==1.5
cssselect==0.9.2
decorator==4.0.10
dj-database-url==0.4.0
Django==1.10.1
django-bootstrap-pagination==1.6.2
django-celery==3.1.17
django-crispy-forms==1.6.0
django-dynamic-scraper==0.11.2
django-haystack==2.4.1
django-markdown-deux==1.0.5
django-pagedown==0.1.1
django-redis-cache==1.6.5
django-taggit==0.18.1
feedparser==5.2.1
future==0.15.2
gunicorn==19.4.5
html5lib==0.9999999
httplib2==0.9.2
idna==2.1
jsonpath-rw==1.4.0
kombu==3.0.35
lxml==3.6.4
markdown2==2.3.1
oauth2client==2.2.0
oauthlib==1.1.2
parsel==1.0.3
Pillow==3.2.0
ply==3.8
psycopg2==2.6.1
pyasn1==0.1.9
pyasn1-modules==0.0.8
pycparser==2.14
PyDispatcher==2.0.5
pyOpenSSL==16.1.0
pytz==2016.6.1
queuelib==1.4.2
redis==2.10.5
requests==2.9.1
requests-oauthlib==0.6.1
rsa==3.4.2
Scrapy==1.1.2
scrapy-djangoitem==1.1.1
scrapyd==1.1.0
service-identity==16.0.0
simplejson==3.8.2
six==1.10.0
tweepy==3.5.0
Twisted==16.4.1
uritemplate==0.6
w3lib==1.15.0
whitenoise==3.0
Whoosh==2.7.4
zope.interface==4.3.2


this all works locally though

I have scaled my web and worker to zero and started them back up still nothin. I have not seen any L,H,R error codes

EDIT

this part of my output

2016-09-24T02:23:53.832216+00:00 app[worker.1]:


its red, this color just started happening. Earlier in the day I had using django celery beat locally I get error 'PeriodicTask' object has no attribute '_default_manager' and I fixed it following a pul request

obj = self.model._default_manager.get(pk=self.model.pk)


turned to

98 Model = type(self.model)
99 obj = Model._default_manager.get(pk=self.model.pk)


EDIT



set my production DEBUG to True so I could see if I could see something. And it said

ImportError: No module named 'django.core.context_processors'


this was not in my heroku logs and as i mentioned before this works locally. I believe this is called failing silently. gonna see if I can figure this out. If someone has any idea what's going on and how to fix this, let me know. Right now google is my friend.

Answer

Maybe your local Django version is earlier then in requirements.txt, because in Django 1.8 built-in template context processors have been moved to django.template.context_processors.

Try this example settings:

TEMPLATES = [ { 'BACKEND': 'django.template.backends.django.DjangoTemplates', 'DIRS': ['templates'], 'APP_DIRS': True, 'OPTIONS': { 'context_processors': [ 'django.template.context_processors.debug', 'django.template.context_processors.request', 'django.template.context_processors.media', 'django.contrib.auth.context_processors.auth', 'django.contrib.messages.context_processors.messages', ], }, }, ]