Damage Damage - 1 year ago 89
CSS Question

Name of CSS style

This is a pretty small question, I've tried googling but without knowing the name of the style I'm getting nowhere fast. What is the design pattern called where the (i'm going to say blog cause that's where I've seen it used) blog text is a continuous scroll but the rest of page (ie headers and footers) is static?

As an example blog

Answer Source

By default, elements are positioned static, relative to each other (position: static;). To position an element relative to the viewport, you use:

element {
    position: fixed;

This takes the element out of the normal text flow. See http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_positioning.asp for more information about positioning.