When I create Makefile with Notepad it's saved with .txt How can I get rid of it ? also when I try to run the program on cygwin it says *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
P.S I am new to Makefile and Linux environments.
Windows will 'helpfully' add the
.txt to any file that you create with notepad. You have several options:
(1) just rename the file from makefile.txt to makefile and things should work
(2) use the -f command line argument with make, i.e
make -f makefile.txt to get make to use the correct file.
(3) seeing that you have cygwin install use emacs, or vi, or gedit as your editor.
(4) consider using notepad++ (or something similar) if you must use windows.
(5) or (and this would be my default suggestion), ditch Windows and just install Linux.