I am using Syntastic VIM plug in
All my bootstrap stuff is set up and works it's just I keep getting this error
|| File to import not found or unreadable: bootstrap-sprockets. Load path: ... on line 17
gem 'rails', '4.2.0'
gem 'sass-rails', '~> 5.0'
gem 'bootstrap-sass', '~> 3.3.3'
* This is a manifest file that'll be compiled into application.css, which will include all the files
* listed below.
* Any CSS and SCSS file within this directory, lib/assets/stylesheets, vendor/assets/stylesheets,
* or any plugin's vendor/assets/stylesheets directory can be referenced here using a relative path.
* You're free to add application-wide styles to this file and they'll appear at the bottom of the
* compiled file so the styles you add here take precedence over styles defined in any styles
* defined in the other CSS/SCSS files in this directory. It is generally better to create a new
* file per style scope.
*= require_tree .
Why does Syntastic still give me this error?
Syntastic gives you this error, because it doesn't know about about additional import paths set up by
sprockets. But fortunately you can configure this with the variable
g:syntastic_<filetype>_<checker>_args. So in your case you probably should set something like
let g:syntastic_scss_sass_args="--load-path path/to/bootstrap-gem/vendor/assets"
or something simular.
Extra sugar: you can use https://github.com/embear/vim-localvimrc to automagically set this variable for this project only