Mostafa Talebi Mostafa Talebi - 1 month ago 14
C Question

Compiling SQLite with Visual Studio C++ 2013 Throws error for .c file

I have added sqlite3.c file into my project.
And #include. Here is the code:

#include <sqlite3.h>
using namespace std;

int main()
{

return 0;
}


I compile the program and it throws the following error:

1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\libraries\sqlite-amalgamation-3080702\sqlite3.c(15705): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'char *'
1> Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast
1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\libraries\sqlite-amalgamation-3080702\sqlite3.c(19741): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'sqlite3_mutex *'
1> Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast
1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\libraries\sqlite-amalgamation-3080702\sqlite3.c(20665): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'char *'
1> Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast
1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\libraries\sqlite-amalgamation-3080702\sqlite3.c(20677): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'char *'
1> Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast
1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\libraries\sqlite-amalgamation-3080702\sqlite3.c(21142): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'char *'
1> Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast
1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\libraries\sqlite-amalgamation-3080702\sqlite3.c(21256): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'char *'
1> Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast
1>..\..\..\..\..\..\..\libraries\sqlite-amalgamation-3080702\sqlite3.c(21411): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'char *'


But there is no error that a header or file is not found. Everything is found and the errors are just outputted above

Answer

I have found the solution. I compiled the C code as C++, but changing it was not enough.

I write it for future visitors:

First, I had to change file's (ONLY FILE) property. Right-click on the file and select properties, under the C/C++, select Advanced and then select Compile As and set it to C (neither default nor C++).

Then, you should make sure that your .c file is compiled without clr. Well, to do that, under the same C/C++ set of menu, select "Common Langugae Runtime Support" and set it to No Support....

Comments