I'm trying to install Cocoalumberjack as a pod and am getting this error:
Thetarget overrides the
setting defined in `Pods/Target Support
Files/Pods-ProjectName/Pods-ProjectName.release.xcconfig'. This can
lead to problems with the CocoaPods installation
SWIFT_VERSION = 3.0
xcrun swift -version
Apple Swift version 3.0 (swiftlang-800.0.46.2
It is a bit non-intuitive but what you have to do is:
1) Search for "SWIFT_VERSION" in your project settings
2) you will see an entry saying "Use Legacy Swift Language Version"
3) Select the entry (not the value) and press "DELETE", the boldness should disappear.
4) Repeat the same steps but now for your target (the one with the app icon)
5) Close XCode
6) Run "pod install" again
7) Open your project, and CLEAN IT (Shift + Command + K)
Now it should be working correctly.
Specifically for "Cocoalumberjack" make sure your pod is installing the 3.0+ version, if its not run a "sudo pod update" as versions previous to this won't work with Swift 3.
I'm pretty sure the cocoapods handling of this is a bit buggy at the moment, as I've experienced sometimes it works and others it doesnt. However, keep in mind you can set the "SWIFT_VERSION" flag directly on a per framework basis:
1) Select the Pods project (within your project).
2) Select the target that you want to set and look for the "SWIFT_VERSION" flag specifically for that target.
3) Clean and rebuild.