Neekoy Neekoy -4 years ago 210
CSS Question

Static background behind the whole page

I know it's a stupid title but I have no way to Google this because I don't know how it's called.

Basically if you go to Skrill's website and you scroll down, the background itself stays, while the elements are transparent on top of it.

How is this called and what are some CSS rules I can look into to do this?

Answer Source

If you are in Chrome, you can 'inspect' (in right-click menu) while on a website to see what the CSS properites are. The website you reference has a div with the class full-background-container and inside that is a div with the background image and it's positioned fixed. What you are seeing on that website is "parallax" - the movement is CSS + JS positioning during scroll events.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download