I am implementing several Android applications to be launched on Google Play and they all have subscriptions using the Google IAP auto-renewing subscription product type.
To test the app I have done the following:
- Uploaded a draft binary to Google Play but not published it.
- Created and published the Subscription product in the developer console.
- Added my Google account to the list of test accounts in the developer console
- Exported my APK from eclipse (with the same package name and version name/code as the one uploaded to Google Play)
- Installed this exported APK on my test device which is logged in with the test account.
I am now able to successfully test my purchase and every thing works. However, as far as I can see, this purchase is real and the subscription is actually valid for an entire month.
Is there no way to do any kind of "sandbox" testing or at least a way to prematurely cancel this subscription?
How can I test the scenario where my subscription has expired without having to wait a month?!
Any help is much appreciated!