In our application, we support four types of subscription like:
- Can user switch between auto-renewal product families from iTunes Manage Subscription / from Application?
Yes, users will be able to switch between
Yearly but not between
Family unless they are of the same Subscription Family.
- Which options, iTunes manage subscription will show when i try to change subscription means it display both subscription family or only family in which i currently subscribed?
It will only show the options for the other products in the same Subscription Family. So if the only other option is
Yearly then it will only show that.
- if i purchase these different family subscription, Apple will charge at that time or will charge after current subscription expire?
Apple will only charge the user once the original subscription duration is over, e.g. if a user buys a
Yearly subscription then 8 months later she switches to
Monthly, there is still 4 more months until the yearly subscription ends so she will be billed for the
Monthly subscription in 4 months.
- Can i able to purchase "Family User Monthly Subscription" because as i already subscribed with same family subscription which is "Family User Yearly Subscription"?
Yes, users can change the subscription to any other product of the same Subscription Family.
- When i change these subscription from iTunes manage subscription, new subscription will start when current subscription expire and will charge from new subscription at that time. Am i correct with Apple subscription flow?
The new subscription will start immediately, effectively replacing the old one, however the user will not be billed until the pro-rata credit of the original subscription is exhausted.
- Are we violating any Apple policy by managing two auto-renewal family in our application?
Not that I am aware of, if in doubt seek clarification from Apple or a lawyer.
One final note. It seems as though you may want your
Single User and
Family User durations to be in the same Subscription Family, otherwise a user could purchase both kinds subscriptions which i'm not sure that is what you want. It also prevents users from switching from
Family or vice-versa which may frustrate some users.