Can anyone help point me in the right direction of how I might be able to fix this error?
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for principal permission failed.
at LiveDocx.MailMerge.SetLocalTemplate(String template, String format)
Request for principal permission failed
<trust level="Full" />
I finally found a solution. This error about permissions is a bit misleading. After lots of trial and errors, I finally accepted the Application Pool user's permissions had nothing to do with this problem. Which lead me to investigate the
web.config settings and that is where I found the problem.
The problem was that the supplied
web.config file was missing
<authentication> tag and the required settings. This tag (from my understanding) is what enables cookies. I hope this helps others with this error even if not related to LiveDocx. Seems
Request for principal permission failed. can be caused for various reasons which makes it a frustrating error.
This article was very helpful How To: Use Membership in ASP.NET 2.0