I have built a site using Django and I am receiving this annoying error when I am trying to execute a query.
If I restart the Apache server, the error will go away for a short time.
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
100. response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File "/home/fran/cron/views/set_caches.py" in set_caches
24. cursor.execute(query, [category['id']])
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/util.py" in execute
15. return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/mysql/base.py" in execute
86. return self.cursor.execute(query, args)
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/MySQLdb/cursors.py" in execute
155. charset = db.character_set_name()
Exception Type: InterfaceError at /blablabla/
Exception Value: (0, '')
This is caused by a global cursor. Try creating and closing the cursor within each method a raw query is needed.
cursor = connection.cursor() cursor.execute(query) cursor.close()