First of all I would like to say that I already tried all the solutions I could find on the internet, including Unable to Activate Windows Store App
I recently upgraded my Windows 7 machine to Windows 8.1 to be capable of developing Windows Store apps using Visual Studio 2013. When I open a blank project (Windows Store -> Blank App) and run it I get this error:
Unable to activate Windows Store app 'Package Name'. The App1.exe
process started, but the activation request failed with error 'The app
See help for advice on troubleshooting the issue.
Activation of the app 'Package Name' for the Windows.Launch contract failed with error: The app didn't start..
I found a solution. The problem was that the drive I was working on was encrypted (TrueCrypt). Moving the output folder to an unencrypted drive solved the problem.