m_MediaPlayer = MediaPlayer.create(context, soundFromResource);
Apparently there's an issue with
Android 5 devices which use the
NuPlayer instead of the
You can check it by going in the
Developer Options, under the
Media section there should be
Use NuPlayer (experimental). I've unchecked that and it appears it's alright now.
I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this issue, so I've hacked it a bit. I've set some flags in the code and when it enters
onCompletion, if the user hasn't specifically stopped the sound, i restart it there. If there's anyone with a better fix, let me know and i'll update this answer.