I don't want the 'weight' of (great) solutions like Mongo or Couch. A simple, in memory JS database with the capability to persist to disk as a file would be enough. I would only use it to store small amounts of data.
- can run in process with a node.js server application
- can save the whole database to disk and recover after a failure
- NO need for atomic writes or transaction supports
- fast queries and sorting would be nice
- only needs to support small data volumes, up to 1MB in total
I've come across TAFFY db so far but it really doesn't seem optimized for use in Node.js. Anybody seen what I'm looking for out there?