enricog enricog - 7 months ago 16
PHP Question

Xdebug ignores breakpoints

I am currently trying to get Xdebug to work on our development server. As client I am using netbeans and the connection so far works without problems.
But when I try to set a breakpoint within netbeans it is just getting ignored.

And yeah, I already googled for hours and also found some questions here that perfectly fit my description:
SO 1
SO 2

But this does not seem to solve it for me. The

Xdebug
module is loaded via zend_extension=path/to/xdebug. so in the

/etc/php5/conf.d/xdebug.ini


I also looked at the php5/apache and php5/cli php.ini to make sure it is not loaded with extension= somewhere there. I also checked the "additional .ini files parsed" found by phpinfo() and it seems to be nowhere else loaded.

By executing php -m I can see the loaded Xdebug module in

[PHP Modules]


and in

[Zend Modules]


Not sure if this indicates that it is still loaded twice or if it is fine like that? Still if I remove the
zend_extension=/path/to/xdebug.so
from the
conf.d/xdebug.ini
it is also no longer loaded. So I really assume it is only loaded there.

If I set the remote_log option is see that
Netbeans
is trying to set something:

<- breakpoint_set -i 452 -t line -s enabled
-f file:///http:/development.xxx.de/users/itsame/index.php -n 15
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"
xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set"
transaction_id="452" state="enabled" id="258870001">
</response>


But it seems to have no effect (looks pretty much the same like in the other SO questions I have posted above. But if i do a manual xdebug_break() inside the php code it handels it properly.

PHP Version is 5.2.6 and Xdebug is 2.1.
Any suggestions where I could have a look next?

Answer

It looks like there is something wrong with the path to the file containing the breakpoint.

<- breakpoint_set -i 452 -t line -s enabled 
   -f file:///http:/development.xxx.de/users/itsame/index.php -n 15 ->

I've had a similar problem with Eclipse. Only my breakpoints in the index file were accepted and breakpoints in other files—that were included in the index—were ignored.

I looked in the remote_log file and saw the following:

<- breakpoint_set -i 260 -t line 
   -f file:///~jeroen/workspace/fieg/wp-content/plugins/fieg/fieg.php -n 22-> 
<response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" 
   xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set" 
   transaction_id="260" id="48060002"></response>

I noticed that the path for the breakpoint was all wrong. It turned out that I had to setup Port Mapping in Eclipse. After setting the correct mapping the breakpoints started working. Also my remote_log now shows the correct path:

<- breakpoint_set -i 333 -t line 
   -f file:///Users/jeroen/Workspace/fieg/wp-content/plugins/fieg/fieg.php -n 12->     
<response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" 
   xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" command="breakpoint_set" 
   transaction_id="333" id="48080005"></response>

I'm not sure if there is an equivalent of the Eclipse Port Mapping configuration in Netbeans, but hopefully I pointed you in the good direction.