I need to add a new method that computes connected components to OpenCV 2.4.4 to use in one of my own projects. I already have the code for the function from this question (Thanks to jason), I navigated my way to the patch where I found both the code and the header.
What I did was to add a new file
So after looking at the problem with a fresh pair of eyes this morning, I immediately spotted my mistake. What I originally did was to add the new function's header code in
but what I should've done is to also add it to
because this is the file that is included by any project that uses OpenCV. Everything works as planned now.