After unsuccessfully attempting to make my new Intellij and Android SDK to work on my newly installed Ubuntu 13.10, I am coming to you for help. I know there are thousands of suggestions out there already but none of them worked for me.
Here is what I have tried:
- adb kill-server
- adb start-server
- adb devices
That last command listed my device - and that meant that it was able to detect it without any issues.
- I have added all the necessary rules like 51-android.rules and those should be fine.
- Started and restarted the IDE several times without any success.
- I have installed libraries to fix any 64-bit issues
- I even deleted the adb key in the .android folder since it gets generated automatically each time anyway.
- I have no other older versions of IntelliJ or SDKs;
- This was a clean installation of Ubuntu; I totally removed my Windows 8 (yeah, am done with Windows) and installed Ubuntu 13.
I don't know what else to try and do because I have spent hours online trying suggestions from others to no avail.
Any help would be really appreciated because I can't wait to get back to my Android App Development!
EDIT - SOLUTION
I solved this problem and then documented it here for others who are having this issue;
ADB not responding - the solution
I hope this helps.