Andrew Andrew - 11 days ago 6
Android Question

IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/accessibilityservice/AccessibilityServiceInfoCompat$AccessibilityServiceInfoIcsImpl;

I'm using Android Studio + gradle on MyProject + Facebook api as a library. See below settings.

I've tried removing all references of support-v4 (either r7 or 18.0.0) and replace them with support-v13, but the message with v4 was still present. I've also noticed that support-v4-r7 appears in External libraries, even though it's not referenced at all, anywhere. Would that be the problem ?

MyProject build.gradle:

buildscript {
repositories {
mavenCentral()
}
dependencies {
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:0.5.+'
}
}
apply plugin: 'android'

repositories {
mavenCentral()
maven {
url "https://raw.github.com/ark/ark/master/releases/"
}
}

dependencies {
compile 'com.andreabaccega:android-form-edittext:1.0.3'
compile 'com.astuetz:pagerslidingtabstrip:1.0.0'
compile 'org.codehaus.jackson:jackson-mapper-asl:1.9.12'
compile 'com.octo.android.robospice:robospice-spring-android:1.4.7'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:3.1.36'
compile files('libs/imageloader-core-1.5.8.jar')
compile project(':libs:Facebook')

}

android {
compileSdkVersion 17
buildToolsVersion "18.1"

defaultConfig {
minSdkVersion 15
targetSdkVersion 17
}
sourceSets {
main {
manifest.srcFile 'AndroidManifest.xml'
java.srcDirs = ['src']
resources.srcDirs = ['res']
res.srcDirs = ['res']
}

debug {
manifest.srcFile 'AndroidManifest.xml'
java.srcDirs = ['src', 'libs/Facebook/src', 'libs/Facebook/build/source/r/debug', 'libs/Facebook/build/source/buildConfig/debug']
resources.srcDirs = ['build', 'libs/Facebook/build/source/r/debug', 'libs/Facebook/build/source/buildConfig/debug']
res.srcDirs = ['res']
}
}
}


MyProject settings.gradle:

include ':MyProject'
include ':libs:Facebook'


Facebook build.gradle:

buildscript {
repositories {
mavenCentral()
}
dependencies {
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:0.5.+'
}
}
apply plugin: 'android-library'

repositories {
mavenCentral()
}

dependencies {
compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:18.0.0'
}

android {
compileSdkVersion 17
buildToolsVersion '18.1'

defaultConfig {
minSdkVersion 8
}

sourceSets {
main {
manifest.srcFile 'AndroidManifest.xml'
java.srcDirs = ['src']
resources.srcDirs = ['res']
res.srcDirs = ['res']
}
debug {
manifest.srcFile 'AndroidManifest.xml'
java.srcDirs = ['src', 'build/source/r/debug', 'build/source/buildConfig/debug']
resources.srcDirs = ['build/source/r/debug', 'build/source/buildConfig/debug']
res.srcDirs = ['res']
}
}
}


Edit: I've tried adding the libs that I use in this project, in another project, one by one, to see what fails. Apparently these 2 are the culprits. If I include any or both of them, I get the above error.

compile 'com.astuetz:pagerslidingtabstrip:1.0.0'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:3.1.36'


Any ideas on how to manage this ?

Edit2: Apparently another project presents the same issue. See build.gradle dependencies below. StickyListHeaders project doesn't contain anymore dependencies. So I presume it's because of ActionBarSherlock ?

dependencies {
compile 'com.actionbarsherlock:actionbarsherlock:4.4.0@aar'
compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:18.0.+'
compile 'org.codehaus.jackson:jackson-mapper-asl:1.9.12'
compile 'com.octo.android.robospice:robospice-spring-android:1.4.7'
compile project(':Project Base:libs:StickyListHeaders')
}

Answer

Apparently there were 2 reasons for this issue.

1) PagerSlidingTabStrip library depends on a local support lib v4 jar. Remove the dependency and add the project as a library project in your app and inside it add the maven dependency for support v4. So it should look exactly like the Facebook library project from above.

2) RoboSpice library depends on LRUCache from support lib v4 (https://github.com/octo-online/robospice/issues/195). Just exclude it from your main build.gradle file and you should be good to go.

compile ('com.octo.android.robospice:robospice-spring-android:1.4.7')
        {
            exclude module: 'support-v4'
        }

Hopefully this will help somebody and not spend an entire week with this problem like I did. Oh, and trillion of thanks to @Snicolas. Couldn't have solved it without his help.

Edit: As of RoboSpice v1.4.8, there is no more local support lib dependency, so this issue is fixed.

Comments