Jochen Jochen - 2 months ago 20x
iOS Question

missing required architecture after upgrading to cocoapods 1.0

I'm trying to upgrade Cocoapods to version 1.0 but with the new version linking

When I try to run the project on the simulator I get

ld: warning: ignoring file /[...]/libDTCoreText.a, missing required architecture x86_64 in file /[...]/libDTCoreText.a (2 slices)

when I try to archive I get

ld: warning: ignoring file /[...]/libDTCoreText.a, missing required architecture arm64 in file /[...]/libDTCoreText.a (2 slices)

Using my the same Podfile in a clean project everything works fine! So it must be my project, but I can't figure out what it might be.

I used

pod deintegrate
pod install

cleaned and deleted the Derived Data from the project with no success.

The Architectures of the Project and of the Pods are set to "Standard architectures (armv7, arm64)"

Pod Architectures

I'm using Xcode 7.3 and my Podfile looks like this:

source ''
project 'Classes/MEG.xcodeproj'
platform :ios, '8.0'

target 'myApp' do
pod 'Reachability', '~> 3.1'
pod 'DTCoreText', '~> 1.6'
pod 'Flurry-iOS-SDK/FlurrySDK', '7.1.0'
pod 'DCIntrospect-ARC'
pod 'AFNetworking', '~> 2.5'
pod 'AFNetworkActivityLogger', '~> 2.0'
pod 'SDWebImage', '~> 3.7'
pod 'SVProgressHUD', '~> 1.0'
pod 'CHTCollectionViewWaterfallLayout'
pod 'BDBOAuth1Manager', '~> 1.5.0'
pod 'FMDB', '~> 2.4'
pod 'Masonry', '~> 0.6'
pod 'RSKImageCropper', '~> 1.0'
pod 'AWSiOSSDKv2/SNS', '~> 2.0'
pod 'JSQMessagesViewController', '~> 6.0'
pod 'SKTagView', '~> 0.0'
pod 'PSTAlertController', '~> 1.2'
pod 'UITextView+Placeholder', '~> 1.1'
pod 'MWFeedParser', '~> 1.0'
pod 'tarkit', '~> 0.1'
pod 'XMPPFramework', '3.6.5'
pod 'XMLDictionary', '~> 1.4'
pod 'NewRelicAgent', '~> 5.6'
pod 'NHNetworkTime', '~> 1.6'

target 'myApp Tests' do
inherit! :search_paths
pod 'OCMock', '~> 3.2'


I finally found the problem. I had an old version of libDTCoreText.a lying around in my project folder.

Even though this file wasn't referenced anywhere in the project, cocoapods tried to link it (which sounds to me like a bug on cocoapods side).

Anyway, removing the file fixed the issue.