So i know this has been questioned quite a lot. To be exact for example in these questions:
Run NodeJs server in Android
How to run my node.js project on android?
NodeJS on IOS/Android
Every option presented has a problem though:
- I want to run it on my normal device so i would like to avoid installing another OS on my Device
- Work on JXCore was stopped last month and (maybe as a result) i couldn't get it to compile (see Can't install jxcore-cordova)
- The Android Port of NodeJs Anode has not been worked on since 2014 and wasn't really maintained back then anyways
- The second answerer in the second thread i linked to mentioned there is an official node distribution for Android now but apart from a link to the Browse-Website of the latest dist i couldn't find any info on how to actually use it
- I also saw this but it seems like the device has to be connected to a PC (or similar) to run the adb shell commands while i would like to make it as a seperate App
With the time that past since these questions have been posted and as the "best option" JXCore seem to be now unusable:
Is there a way to run a node.js application (a server in my case) on an Android device?
if you're wondering why I'd want this: I made a WebApp with a Node.Js server and i now want a version you can launch locally from your phone without requiring an Internet connection. This means the server needs to run on an Android phone.