I've been trying to add Google AdWords conversion tracking to a single page Application I've been working on, and I have an interesting use case that I can't seem to figure out how to work with:
- A user fires an event that I want to use as a conversion.
- I collect data about the event, and send it to an asynchronous service
- The service maps that event to a conversion label, and does other data transformation.
- The transformed, now AdWords compatible object is sent to AdWords.
The problem I'm having is that the snippet provided by google uses some global variables and then includes a script (googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion.js), and displays a tracking pixel.
My questions are as follows:
- If I were to just make a request for that pixel, will my conversion fire? (This would be done on the server side, so I wouldn't be able to include the conversion.js file).
- Are there any documented or known ways of firing conversion events other than iFraming the snippet? I really don't want to have to do any data transformation on the client, but even if I did, this seems like an ugly way to achieve the conversion tracking.