I'm attempting to enable gzip compression on my web server. I've installed the dynamic compression module on the server and enabled it in IIS. Now I'm attempting to specify dynamicTypes to include
I just figured out what the problem was. First, there seems to be a difference between versions of IIS (IIS6 and IIS10 in my case) in that some (newer) versions have an
system.webServer/httpCompression on the site, not just the server. I thought that was the reason dynamic caching seemed to not work on our dev server but did work on a colleague's machine with IIS10.
It turns out the reason I wasn't seeing a gzip encoding reference in the response headers is because of IE, IE10 to be exact. Our dev environment currently has a certificate problem and you can only open the app in IE. I have IE10 and it does not appear to display any information on the response headers about compressed encoding. I had my colleague with IE11 hit our app in the dev environment and he sees the gzip encoding reference in the response headers.
This is why I hate IE...