I've just switched over to Android Studio, from Eclipse, and I see this error :
Error:FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
- What went wrong: Task 'compileDebugSources' not found in project ':myproject'.
- Try: Run gradle tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
The answer to this question was to simply not go down this rabbit hole. What I did instead...
1) install Android Studio on my second Mac
2) check-out the project from git and open it
3) this time Android Studio actually stepped me through the issues at hand... which were :
a) build.gradle for a library project may not contain
c) in your SDK manager, make sure you specifically have
Android SDK Build-tools ver 20 installed. (I only had the latest)
Root cause ? No idea...