I've got a bit of a problem. I'm moving my source repository from one machine to another, and in the process I'm doing some culling of what's stored as I've learned more about creating/managing a repository since I started.
The problem is that we're using dxperience tools from devexpress and it uses the .net license system (licenses.licx). Originally I had this license in the repository, and I'm hearing that this isn't necessarily the best idea. So I haven't included it in the repository. But now, when I checkout the project from the repository on my machine (same machine that I was checking out to before the move), it's looking for the license file and not generating it as (I think) it should be.
We have run into the same problem using Infragistics controls.
Our solution has been to keep a blank licnenses.licx file in our source repository (Source Gear Vault) and then change the properties of the file to Read Only false on our local workations. This way we do not end up stepping on each other with that file and it is generated with the proper keys off of our workstations.
Of course this is a bit of a manual work around that may not be suitable for you, but that is how we have been doing it.