I have an ASP.NET 5 solution with a website and several project libraries. I'm using MVC 6 and Entity Framework 7. Locally the app is working fine and until today it was working also on Azure deployed as an Azure Website.
But today after the latest deployment on Azure I got an error 500 like this on the startup (still working fine locally):
I tried to get more details by :
In RC1 (as of beta8, perhaps), one should apparently use:
.. which apparently only works if
But this didn't work for me. The error message I was getting was specifically "An error occurred while starting the application", I have found that none of the given configurations will resolve this because the error is occurring before the configurations execute.
Somehow, the publish target folder must have gotten corrupted during publish because I found that deleting the entire deployment directory and re-publishing resolved the problem.
Otherwise, here is the reference: http://docs.asp.net/en/latest/fundamentals/diagnostics.html