Logcat has stopped working for me again in Android Studio. Last time it happened I had to reinstall the IDE, and I want to avoid it again.
What I did for this to happen was changing...
and then changed the tag back to "WRONG" again. Now Logcat wont show any of my debug messages even if I remove WRONG from the filter when the app is running on my phone. The emulator still provides debug messages.
I already tried:
I finally got the log to start working again.
I did some updates in Android Studio, mostly just the repositories, but what I think was the real solution was to turn off my phone and have it turned off for about fifteen minutes. After that, the log started to work again.