I was working on an old app I have (I started it on 4.0), and I am facing some issues after upgrading my nexus 5x to Oreo (8.0).
My Nexus 5x is a x86 device, and everytime I try to install this apk for debug porpuses I get the so called error "INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS". I had never faced this problem before so I started to look for information and the only thing I found that could be useful was:
include 'x86', 'armeabi-v7a'
Well the problem was finally solved,
The problem was that I had other projects, and my main project linked to these additional projects. One of them was google-play-services-lib and when I generated the apk a google-play-services.jar.properties file was copied to the libs folder.
Removing that google-play-services.jar.properties file from the project solved the problem completely.
Here you have the full stack in Google:
Thanks everyone for your comments!