The Entity Framework context menu item is not available when I right click on a Model.edmx file in the VS 2012 Solution Explorer. This is a c# project.
I am using Visual Studio 2012 Premium Edition, Update 4.
I used the following steps:
- Install Entity Framework 6.0.2 Tools for Visual Studio 2012 with no errors from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40762
- Create new C# ASP.Net Web Form Application.
- Install the Entity Framework 6.0.2 package using NuGet.
- Add new ADO.NET Entity Data Model and added a few entities to it.
- Build the solution.
- Right-click on Model.edmx file in Solution Explorer and there is no Entity Framework menu item.
I have tried re-running the Entity Framework Tools msi and selecting the repair option, but that didn't help.
the Extensions and Updates tool does not list "Entity Framework 6.0.2 Tools" among my installed extensions, but I'm not sure I'm supposed to since I did not install it using the Extensions and Updates tool.
What am I doing wrong?