I know securing any website is a very tough and broad topic to be discussed upon but i want to relate this question to my specific website which i've been working on. It was coded in php by some other programmer around 2007 and i am responsible for it's management. My problem is it's being hacked time and again.
Please help me
Joomla version 1.5.18(With Virtuemart)
From this guide:
8 Ways to secure Joomla and prevent being hacked!
- Change the default database prefix (jos_)
- Use a SEF component
- Use the correct CHMOD for each folder and file.
- Password protect your administrative area.
- Keep your website up-to-date.
- Use a .htaccess file to secure your Joomla.
- Passwords - Use a unique and strong password.
- Install the jSecure Authentication plugin.