I have a CRON job php script that I just set up not too long ago. However, I noticed that the PHP file executed (without the cron job activating). It appears that it happened when a Google Bot crawled the file, because I noticed that the following engine visited my page:
My question is:
1) Is it possible, that by crawling my webpage, it could have executed the script?
2) How can I "hide" the CRON file from Google?
3) Would it be smart to place this file in somewhere other than my public_html directory?
1) of course it is
2) see robots.txt (http://www.searchtools.com/robots/robots-txt.html)
3) yes. but if for some reason you depend on calling it via a http daemon you can use a little trick.
eg. first line of code:
in your crontab: