My brain is not working tonight!
Id int, Name varchar, Tag varchar, MilesAway decimal(9,6)
I'm trying to add the
to my result set, but I want to ignore the duplicate rows that are caused by the tag. Here's expected output:
- 1 Blah Red 6.3 -> desired output: 1
- 1 Blah Stripe 6.3 -> desired output: 1
- 19 SomethingElse Red 12.1 -> desired output: 2
- 19 SomethingElse Straight 12.1 -> desired output: 2
- 5 Hello Red 15.9 -> desired output: 3
- 42 Bye Red 55.0 -> desired output: 4
So, I should have result numbers 1, 2, 3, 4. Here's how I'm writing my query:
row_number() over (order by MilesAway)
from table t
group by Id,
I've also tried adding
to all columns except tag. I know this, I've written hundreds of these, why am I stumped (other than it being midnight!)?
Edit: I want to ignore the fact that there are 2 records in spot number 1, and still want the next one to be 2, NOT 3.