I have a setup that I am trying to resolve whereby I moved my installed web app over to a portable app to be able to make it easier to setup for the end user.
No matter what I try I can not seem to get the wampee (Portable wampserver) to be able to recognize and run with an updated php version.
I am getting a series of errors after trying to change the version. Wampserver is green on my taskbar but I get warnings.
How do I update the php version of the wampee to a newer version?
My present setup for wawmpee:
Here is how I achieved the solution to allow for wampee to use php5.5.12 and apache2.4.9
First Update PHP
1) Grab a copy of PHP 5.5.12 from the existing installation of wampserver 2.5 downloaded from sourceforge.
2) Place php5.5.12 folder from wampserver installation under the wampee folder within bin/php
3) Under tpl folder (located under wampee root directory) make the following modifications to wampmanager.conf
[php] phpVersion = "5.5.12" phpLastKnown = 5.5.12 phpIniDir = . phpConfFile = php.ini phpExeDir = . [phpCli] phpExeFile = php.exe phpCliFile = php-win.exe
4) Under wampee folder under tpl/php/php5.5.12 make the following modifications
; XDEBUG Extension zend_extension = "@PATH_PHP@/zend_ext/php_xdebug-2.2.5-5.5-vc11.dll"
5) Grab php_xdebug-2.2.5-5.5-vc11.dll from wampserver2.5 and place it under wampee directory under bin/php/php5.5.12/zend_ext
Second Update Apache
1) Add Apache2.4.9 from wampserver2.5 and place it under wampee folder under bin/apache
2) Create folder Apache2.4.9 under tpl/apache under wampee main directory
3) Copy php.ini from tpl/php/php5.5.12 into the tpl/apache/Apache2.4.9 folder under bin directory
4) copy httpd.conf from tpl/apach2.2.17/conf into tpl/Apache2.4.9/conf and ensure php5_module is as follows within httpd.conf
LoadModule php5_module "@PATH_PHP@/php5apache2_4.dll"
Next update wampmanager.conf under tpl/wampmanager.conf
[apache] apacheVersion = "2.4.9" apacheLastKnown = 2.4.9 apacheExeDir = bin apacheConfDir = conf apacheExeFile = wampeehttpd.exe apacheConfFile = httpd.conf apacheServiceInstallParams = -n wampapache -k install apacheServiceRemoveParams = -n wampapache -k uninstall
Important: Don't forget to copy httpd.exe from bin/apache/Apache2.4.9 as a copied file named wampeehttpd.exe (wampee relies on this file)
Finally update wampee.ini to the new php and apache versions
1) Navigate wampee/resources and ensure that the following values are present, and if not startup wampee to make it populated (updated) from the tpl (tempalate) files.
[wampserver] apache_version=2.4.9 php_version=5.5.12 mysql_version=5.5.8 phpmyadmin_version=3.3.9 sqlbuddy_version=1.3.2 webgrind_version=1.0 [ports] apache=80 mysql=3306
That should do it, and now you will have an updated wampee (portable wampserver) that runs with a newer php and apache version.