FlipperPA FlipperPA - 1 month ago 31
Python Question

Django 1.10: django-storages on S3 error: Not naive datetime (tzinfo is already set)

I've started getting an error since upgrading to Django 1.10. I'm running Django 1.10 on Python 3.5 with

django-storages==1.5.0
and
boto3==1.4.0
.

You have requested to collect static files at the destination
location as specified in your settings.

This will overwrite existing files!
Are you sure you want to do this?

Type 'yes' to continue, or 'no' to cancel: yes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./manage.py", line 10, in <module>
execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 367, in execute_from_command_line
utility.execute()
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 359, in execute
self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 305, in run_from_argv
self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 356, in execute
output = self.handle(*args, **options)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/contrib/staticfiles/management/commands/collectstatic.py", line 193, in handle
collected = self.collect()
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/contrib/staticfiles/management/commands/collectstatic.py", line 124, in collect
handler(path, prefixed_path, storage)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/contrib/staticfiles/management/commands/collectstatic.py", line 337, in copy_file
if not self.delete_file(path, prefixed_path, source_storage):
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/contrib/staticfiles/management/commands/collectstatic.py", line 258, in delete_file
target_last_modified = self.storage.get_modified_time(prefixed_path)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/core/files/storage.py", line 231, in get_modified_time
return _possibly_make_aware(dt)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/core/files/storage.py", line 243, in _possibly_make_aware
return timezone.make_aware(dt, tz).astimezone(timezone.utc)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/django/utils/timezone.py", line 368, in make_aware
return timezone.localize(value, is_dst=is_dst)
File "/home/vagrant/.virtualenvs/wrds-classroom/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pytz/tzinfo.py", line 304, in localize
raise ValueError('Not naive datetime (tzinfo is already set)')
ValueError: Not naive datetime (tzinfo is already set)


Changeing
USE_TZ
to
False
changes the error, but I'm still not sure why this is being caused (this is new territory in the Django codebase for me):

TypeError: can't compare offset-naive and offset-aware datetimes


Any idea what the cause here is?

Answer

UPDATE:

I'm updating my own answer, as this pull request has now been merged. To fix, simply use version 1.5.1 in your requirements.txt or pip install command:

django-storages==1.5.1

OUT OF DATE ANSWER FOR CONTEXT:

I've figured out a temporary fix which should lead to a permanent fix.

After some more sleuthing, a friend found this PR they thought might be related: https://github.com/jschneier/django-storages/pull/181

I noticed the date of the pull request was two days after the latest django-storages release (1.5.0) which I was running. In my requirements.txt I simply did this, pointing at the hash of the commit:

#django-storages==1.5.0
git+https://github.com/jschneier/django-storages.git#5f280571ee1ae93ee66ed805b53b08bfe5ab9f0c
boto3==1.4.0

Then, a pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt and ran collectstatic again, and no more error! I'm guessing this fix will be included in a 1.5.1 release, at which point I'll simply change my requirements.txt again.