Hatem Alimam Hatem Alimam - 4 months ago 68
iOS Question

(0xE8008018): The identity used to sign the executable is no longer valid

I'm trying to debug my app on Xcode and I'm having the following error:

The identity used to sign the executable is no longer valid.

Please verify that your device’s clock is properly set, and that your signing certificate is not expired.


enter image description here

Now I know there are many questions regarding this issue, and I have tried every possible way to solve it, what I have tried so far (didn't work):

  • Some suggested to restart Xcode.

  • Refreshing the account.

  • Deleting all the certificates from the keychain.

  • Revoking all the certificates from the member center.

  • Installing the certificates manually.

  • Checked my Devices clocks (obviously)

  • Removed Xcode (disparately) and re-installed it.

  • Checking my project Build config, and made sure that the developer account is selected.

  • Checked my account expiration date (it's renewed 5 days ago)

  • Checked if I have to accept some Conditions and Terms (none)

  • Disabled the devices I have in the Member profile

  • Tested on multiple iPhones (same result)

  • Checked out a git tag/branch which is stable (I thought the project might be corrupted also disparately)

My concern is that it might be a temporary issue from apple, or a bug in Xcode, although it was working hours ago on my iMac, when I switched to the MacBook Pro I had this issue (and I always do this with no problems at all).


  • OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 (14E46)

  • Xcode 6.4


After hours of investigating, the shell script for signing the project was failing at some point, without reporting back to Xcode.

I noticed that in the DerivedData folder (found in /Users/yourUsername/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/) of Xcode there were two folders with the same name of my project ending with a different hash, for example:


I closed Xcode, and made sure to delete both folders, somehow Xcode generated two different folders for the project at some point, restarting Xcode after the deletion of the folders fixed this.