I hope anybody can help me here. I am struggeling to my wits end with this and I cannot figure out what is wrong. I tried every solution in every similar post yet nothing worked.
apply plugin: 'com.android.application'
proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'
compile fileTree(include: ['*.jar'], dir: 'libs')
exclude module: 'httpclient'
apply plugin: 'com.google.gms.google-services'
I drilled down into the dependacies of the
library. The library includes the
library as a dependancy. Checking its dependancies I found it included the
DING DING!! What further made this interesting and was that the source on github is
This looks very similar to my error.
The nineoldandroids library is a library is a name I have seen many times in threads about related "clashing" issues. I started to look deeper into my other libraries.
What sealed the deal was when I looked into the other libraries that I include. Upon drilling into the
library I noticed that it includes the
library. When browsing this library there is a source path on github which looks like this:
You will notice that this also looks similar to my error. I went back to the inital library
as I have now found my two conflicting libraries. I checked the issues tab to see if I have previously missed something but alas, this page was fruitless. I then noticed someone did a pull request and went to that tab (I was feeling lucky. Maybe this guy fixed it). AND BINGO:
I followed through this thread and came to an answer as to how to exclude this library.
Even though all of this could have been avoided if I had just checked the pull request page before I went on a wilde goose chase, it eventually paid off.